Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hickory Hills County Park, Medora, IA

We moved today, from a 50 Amp connection to very nice primative connection.   This county park was recommended to us by a friend a few years ago.  At the time, he suggested we have a saw, as some of the trees needed trimming.    Well, no trimming necessary.    And while it is classifed as primative, it has individual fire pits, a picnic table, a trash can and they mow the grass.  It is great.  The sites are a bit rolling, but since we got here early enough today, we have a very nice site.   So we intend to make this our site for about 5 or 6 nights.    We have great Verizon service and enough solar power to run the inverter most of the day.   What more can you ask for?

This morning when we were ready to depart the fairgrounds, we had to dodge the cars that were there for an auction.    We were able to make it into the dump station, so all was well.   While there were lots of cars, I didn't think there were that many people in the building for the auction.    The auction was to dispose of the remains of 4 household estates.   The auctioneer had complained to me yesterday that auctions don't seem to go well these days.   The heirs take the good stuff and no one wants the junk left (that he is supposed to get top dollar for.)    I guess it is his problem, not mine.

It has been a busy week at Winterset and we're both looking forward to relaxing here at the park.   As usual, Sandy says she has lots of stuff to do to get ready for her seminars at the Escapade.    I have some additional stuff to do on my presentation also, but you can bet that it will be done in the easy chair relaxing.

Writing a Blog is fine, but I miss the spell checker.   I must have done alright yesterday, as I actually got an "at-ta boy" from my chief critic!  That means I really did well, almost un-real!

Have a nice day, see you tomorrow.     Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment