Sunday, June 14, 2009

Peaceful and Quiet this weekend

Here it is Sunday evening and we are really enjoying ourselves inspite of the reason that we're back here in Forest City. Rigs are rolling in, most with Monday morning appointments for service. We're here (without an appointment) hoping to squeeze in and have a problem quickly taken care of.
As mentioned earlier, Friday night found us in the Walmart of Mason City with it raining and the water came in very liberally to the left of the drivers seat. Needless to say, I was pretty unhappy It has never leaked there before when we took it in for a routine roof check and re-caulking. Talk about a bummer feeling, that is one. I guess the old saying of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" still hold true.
Anyway, lots of nice folks here now and the visiting goes on. One stopper to the visiting in the evenings are the small flies or nats that continuously bother us. They especially like my ears and eyes.
This morning after church, Sandy and I walked over to the rally grounds and back. I think we got our mile plus in and I'm still feeling pretty good, but not another one today.
Have a great day
Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment